A Step By Step Guide To Get Funding.
- Step 1: You can either contact us first: email, telephone or write to The Norfolk Boat, giving your name, address, telephone number, your age, when you would like to sail and how much you can afford. The Norfolk Boat can give you information about the sailing organisations or you can visit our web page for details of the boats we use.
- Or contact the sailing organization of your choice (remember they have to be members of ASTO): Check the availability of berths and the cost. Book direct with them and explain that you are applying to The Norfolk Boat for financial help.
- Step 2: Contact The Norfolk Boat to discuss how much money you need and how much you will need to raise yourself. Once the amount of sponsorship has been agreed you will need to complete a funding application form. Complete the form and return it to The Norfolk Boat. You will need to ask a teacher, youth leader or responsible adult who knows you to endorse your application.
- Step 3: When you return your form you will receive confirmation of your sponsorship from The Norfolk Boat. Please ask the sailing organisation to invoice The Norfolk Boat direct for its contribution. Correspondence regarding the voyage should be sent direct to the sailing organisation; correspondence regarding your financial help should be sent to The Norfolk Boat.
- Step 4: Have a great voyage!