The Norfolk Boat celebrates 30 years of giving young people from Norfolk the opportunity to enjoy the challenge and fun of an adventure at sea.
During the last sailing season The Norfolk Boat has enabled the following groups to sail:
- NACRO, the crime reduction charity, sent 16 young people from the west of the area sailing with the Cirdan Trust for five days in April;
- Worlingham Middle School sent a group of 12 in May;
- Open Academy from Norwich also sailed in May with 12 people participating;
- 13 students from Sewell Park College, Norwich, sailed in June;
- Flagship Foyer group of 13 from North Norfolk sailed in June;
- A group of 15 set sail from Eaton Hall School, Norwich for seven days in June;
- ASD Helping Hands took 14 from Thetford sailing for five days in July;
- Six Explorer scouts from the west of the area sailed with Adventures Offshore in August;
- Two air cadets sailed off the west coast of Scotland with Ocean Youth Trust in August;
- Avocet House in Hales took a group of six young people sailing for a week in September;
- Seven from the Norwich International Youth Project sailed in October with Cirdan;
- A group of nine from Stalham Flagship Foyer sailed for a weekend in October.
The Norfolk Boat’s motto is ‘to inspire and develop the spirit of Norfolk youth’ and the charity looks forward to helping many more young people sail in the future.